[cffi-devel] Re: calls with variable number of arguments which are determined at run-time

Lars Rune Nøstdal larsnostdal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 10:14:38 UTC 2007

James Bielman <jamesjb <at> gmail.com> writes:

> What's the use case for this?

Short answer: `g_object_new'.

I'm trying to (re)write some simple GTK+ bindings which are going to focus more
on  generating bindings via GObject's reflection/introspection-features than
going through the "parse C headers"-path.

> Down with varargs!

Yeah, same with C-macros.

Thanks for the tip. The caching-idea might work. I'd only need to cache for
properties that are flagged `G_PARAM_CONSTRUCT_ONLY'.

If I'm not able to figure something out there I'll have to dive into
`g_object_newv' which seem(ed) way more complicated that `g_object_new'. :)

--
mvh, Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/