[cffi-devel] Re: cffi documentation & unload

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 19:00:41 UTC 2007

On 18/08/07, Slobodan Blazeski <slobodan.blazeski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis & James
>
> I just started developing interface for monetdb DBMS mapi library and I'm
> using cffi for portability.
> So far I'm very pleased with cffi however I have 2 questions :
> 1. Is it possible to add documentation string to function defined with
> defcfun macro

Right now it is discarded by DEFCFUN. It should be trivial to pass it
on to the %DEFCFUN-* helpers instead. This should do it:

  <http://common-lisp.net/~loliveira/patches/defcfun-docstrings.diff>

> 2. How to unload the library (dll, so) so cffi will unlock it and I could
> change it , recompile it with c/c++ compiler.

CLOSE-FOREIGN-LIBRARY should work. However, I seem to recall that
CLISP does funny things (and maybe SBCL/win32 too). My memory is very
fuzzy about this, though. What are you trying to do (in what Lisp and
OS) that doesn't work?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/