[cffi-devel] CFFI and ECL

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Jun 26 13:15:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 14:06 +0100, Luís Oliveira wrote:
> Heh, ECL/x86 too then. Cool. BTW, I still can't compile cffi-tests
> due to the MAKE-LOAD-FORM bug though. (Well, I'm /assuming/ it's that
> bug.)

>    No dispatch function defined for character #\<.
>    Broken at LAMBDA.

You probably used an old ECL. Our implementation can compile files with
almost any kind of lisp object thanks to some patches contributed by
Brian Spilsbury.

I just "darc pull"'ed the latest sources from
http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/darcs/cffi and built it without
problems. Indeed there are people using CFFI on ECL since a long time
ago. See below how I build a single DLL for CFFI using a trick which is
proper to our implementation.

Regards,

Juanjo

---------

jlr at mpq3p59:~/src/lisp/cffi$ ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9h
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Broken at EVAL.
> (require 'asdf)
("ASDF")
> (asdf:make-build "cffi")
[...]
NIL
> (load "cffi.fas")
;;; Warning: Redefining class LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR
[...]
"/home/jlr/src/lisp/cffi/cffi.fas"