[cffi-devel] Re: callback-lambda

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:27:31 UTC 2006

On 6/25/06, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> [Hello Jan. Sorry for the late reply!]
>
> Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:
> > As for me, a working callback-lambda under SBCL (and later ECL) would be
> > a MAJOR win. Even more so if I could avoid memory leaks by being able to
> > delete callbacks when they're no longer needed.
>
> I can't seem to find the lambda-callback patch but, IIRC, we reached the
> conclusion that we could support this feature in a similar fashion to
> the way we support foreign-funcall and long-long on some Lisps.
>
> The first step to integrate this feature into CFFI is to have someone
> actually use it, ...

Replicating  CLisp's callback-lambda when porting Vasilis's original
CLisp-only Cells-Gtk to UFFI was a huge pain. Maybe they would not mind
ripping out all the nonsense I had to create (if ti is still there).

Well, come to think of it, I handle the Togl callbacks in Tcl/Tk by
declaring fixed callbacks and having those call lambdas one can put in a
slot of the CLOS class that wraps a C Togl widget. Hmmm. But I need
portability: ACL, Lispworks, mebbe OpenMCL. Where would it run?

kt

maybe write some tests. I doubt the patch (wherever it