[cffi-devel] cffi-uffi-compat library searching

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Tue Jun 13 16:01:20 UTC 2006

I am using cffi-uffi-compat with clsql recently... ended up doing so
because I need :long-long for sqlserver bigints.

However, in trying to get it to work, I found a problem with the way it
searches for libraries to load. If you just tell it to load libodbc.so, at
least on sbcl the underlying functionality is capable of searching the
default library paths to find it. CFFI was shortcutting that and not calling
the next function if probe-file failed.

Now it only does the probing if it is a full path and not just the filename.
This also matches the behavior of UFFI, which is probably a good thing for
cffi-uffi-compat.

Nathan Bird