Running the test-suite with the tests compiled. (was: Re: [cffi-devel] Re: corrupted foreign structure testcase with latest CFFI and LW 4.4.6)

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 18:53:49 UTC 2006

On 2006-jun-07, at 03:37, I wrote:
> Yeah, those compiler macros were calling fli:foreign-typed-aref
> incorrectly.

I forgot to mention that this particular issue brought to my attention
that, because of the way RT tests are compiled, compiler macros are not
kicking in and, therefore, obvious bugs like this are not getting caught
by the test suite. (Jörg Höhle has mentioned this before.)

I've changed both the asdf:test-op operation and the run-tests "script"
to run the tests both uncompiled and compiled (by binding
rt::*compile-tests* to T). I'm not sure how effective this is but it the
cffi-lispworks bug discussed in the thread (through many of the structs
tests) so it'll hopefully be helpful in finding future bugs in the
various compiler macros present in CFFI.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/