AW: [cffi-devel] New patches: 7-Jan-2006

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Jan 9 11:11:27 UTC 2006

Luis Oliveira wrote:
>  * Pushing cffi-features symbols to *features*
>  - Renamed :cffi/no-foreign-funcall and :cffi/no-long-long to
>    cffi-features:foreign-funcall and cffi-features:long-long
>respectively

>    (with the opposite meanings of course).
I find this unfortunate. While there are guidelines against the use of negation (and the likely use of double negation), I'd prefer not to clober *features* on full-featured implementations. Therefore, #+|- NO-foobar made a lot of sense.

It's name embodied that something was not as nice as it could be. That's lost now.

Try not to think in terms of autoconf/UNIX: #define HAVE_XYZ.

[BTW, there are too many activities going on right now, I can't follow-up anymore]

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.