[cffi-devel] a few tiny patches

James Bielman jamesjb at jamesjb.com
Thu Jan 5 09:36:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 08:58 +0100, Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril wrote:
> James bielman wrote:
> >you should be able to get by without gzipping these patches
> is there a particular interest for doing so? I.e. would you or Luis or
> anybody else appreciate being able to immediately review the patch in
> the e-mail?

Personally I think I'd prefer non-gzipped but attached diffs, as I've
had in the past Gnus bindings to apply a darcs patch to a tree (and
should probably dig this out and set it up again).

> Could there be a problem with CRLF appearing in appended patch files
> when transmitted from MS-Windows systems and getting into darcs
> unnoticed?

I'm not a Windows user and I don't know, but I'd guess there would be
less risk of this if the patch was attached instead of inline.  (But
probably depends on the mail software involved and who knows what
else---whoever merges patches will probably just need to be sure to
check for this).

James