[cffi-devel] gtkembedmoz and https segfault: cffi related?

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 20:09:03 UTC 2006

Folks--

I've written a little toy app that embeds mozilla as a widget, allows
for some minimal back/forward and location bar functionality.

Using CFFI, of course.

It works really well, except I get a segfault (I think) when I click
or type in any link which leads to (or incorporates part of) an HTTPS
site.

Might this in any way be an CFFI problem?

You can download the code at:

   http://zentrope.com/code/cl-browser.tgz

Runs on ubuntu (as long as you've got libglade installed, see the README).

If you load the app (browser:main) at the repl, then click the
"sign-in" link on the google page, you'll get a segfault.

I get the following stack trace when I do that:

0: (SB-KERNEL::MEMORY-FAULT-ERROR)
1: ("foreign function: call_into_lisp")
2: ("foreign function: post_signal_tramp")
3: ("foreign function: NSSRWLock_LockRead")
4: ("foreign function: SECMOD_GetReadLock")
5: ("foreign function: PK11_TokenExists")
6: ("foreign function: #xB1E6388C")
7: ("foreign function: #xB1E6EDFC")
8: ("foreign function: #xB1E71F4A")
9: ("foreign function: #xB1E74340")
10: ("foreign function: #xB1E755F2")
11: ("foreign function: #xB1E75684")
12: ("foreign function: #xB1E7898D")
13: ("foreign function: #xB1D5070E")
14: ("foreign function: PR_Write")
15: ("foreign function: #xB6689D83")
16: ("foreign function: #x8578028")
17: ("foreign function: #x8578040")

If this is a CFFI problem, then, cool, I'm reporting it to the right
place.  If not, perhaps you know what it might be?  Surely not a
mozilla prob.  Perhaps SBCL?

Keith