[cffi-devel] wanted: testsuite .dll

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 05:09:17 UTC 2006

On 2006-feb-08, at 16:55, Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril wrote:
> jamesjb at jamesjb.com writes:
>>  I'm not sure I'd want to include the DLL in the
>> repository as the risk of it not getting updated when the
>> testsuite is
>> updated is somewhat high [...]
>
> IMHO not really a problem, because the .dll will stabilize, while
> the testsuite will continue to grow.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? :-)

It just occured to me that providing a pre-compiled DLL sort of
discourages people from building their own with different compilers
(eg: MSVC vs Mingw). Not sure if that's good enough a reason not to
provide the DLL, probably not.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/