[cffi-devel] Crashes on X86-64 CLISP

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Feb 3 08:56:38 UTC 2006

James,

>I don't know if anyone has tested CFFI on an X86-64 CLISP, but the
>following tests crash with an unexpected segfault:
I'm in the process of modifying the ffcall/FFI, but so far I've only planned to modify long-long support.  I'm not aware of anything else not yet in the bugtracker.

Do you have access to an -64 machine or was that a user report?

>  STRUCT.ALIGNMENT.1
This is quite surprising, since it dereferences a single byte.
There should be no problems with alignment with byte-oriented access.

Does this machine pass the clisp testsuite (ffi.tst)?

>so far I haven't found anything yet.
What if you run the stepper in interpreted mode? Does the crash happen exactly within a call to ffi:MEMORY-AS or elsewhere?  This test doesn't seem to do anything else.
Does it actually invoke (ffi:memory-as address 'ffi:uint8 0)
Or (ffi:memory-as address 'character 0)?

What if you call (ffi:memory-as (address-of *the-s-s-ch*) 'ffi:uint8/char/...) directly?

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.