[cffi-devel] running examples - errors?

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Mon Sep 26 04:51:42 UTC 2005

Hello,
  I am having trouble running the cffi examples on clisp/allegrocl on windows
xp. (cffi-luis-050925-2059)

First of all do I need some dll or library to run the examples? The tar ball
doesn't contain anything.

When I load the file through slime I get the error
FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY-FUNCTION: no dynamic object named "sqrtf" in library
:DEFAULT

but loading on the command line works fine.
But if from the command line I execute,

[3]> (cffi-examples:sqrtf 5)

*** - FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY-FUNCTION: no dynamic object named "sqrtf" in
      library :DEFAULT
The following restarts are available:
USE-VALUE      :R1      You may input a value to be used instead.
ABORT          :R2      ABORT
Break 1 [4]> :R2

[6]> (cffi-examples:gettimeofday)

*** - FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY-FUNCTION: no dynamic object named "gettimeofday" in
      library :DEFAULT
The following restarts are available:
USE-VALUE      :R1      You may input a value to be used instead.
ABORT          :R2      ABORT
Break 1 [7]>

Only gethostname function seems to work.

Thanks.

--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/index.html

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    - Orwell, Animal Farm, 1945