[cffi-devel] Clisp load foreign library

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 00:02:55 UTC 2005

On 19/set/2005, at 00:26, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Oh, I see CMUCL is broken and does not actually work? If I install a
> new DLL I have to recompile? In fact, I have to ship a DLL with my
> binary to customers, because their DLL might not be the exact same I
> used? Or are the somehow logical addresses?

Hmm, I have clearly misunderstood how this works because this case you
mention does work (with CMUCL too). I changed a test lib, recompiled
it, and loaded previously compiled bindings, and it works.

The only requirement CMUCL has is that library has to be loaded before
loaded. Is it really such a crippling requirement? I'll ask around why
this requirement is there anyway.

Btw, while SBCL will be able to load the bindings before the library,
it'll issue STYLE-WARNINGs.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/