[cffi-devel] Clisp load foreign library

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 19:34:35 UTC 2005

Luis Oliveira wrote:

> On 18/set/2005, at 16:59, Kenny Tilton wrote:
>
>> The CMUCL way confuses run time with compile time. Lisp is all about
>> dynamism, in this case not attempting to resolve a binding until it
>> is invoked.
>

> Well, come to think of it, that'll work if you use the interpreter.
> Both on CMUCL and CLISP. Is that acceptable?

No. Why does this have to happen at compile time? These are dynamic
libraries, right? I can change DLLs and a binary application using the
DLL still works, right? How? By resolving things at runtime. I think
there is a misunderstanding here somewhere. Have you checked with CMUCL
people to understand this needless requirement?

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950