[cffi-devel] does a library have to be loaded before DEFCFUN?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Sep 17 19:11:29 UTC 2005

Background: I usually load libraries as part of /run-time/
initialization. I know a lot of people just load the libraries at some
point during development and then just forget about it.

The good news is that my opengl framework (including Freeglut hence
callbacks) now runs using CFFI on both ACL and LW on win32.

On CLisp, however, I get :

xxx - FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY-FUNCTION: no dynamic object named "glFlush"
in library :default.

Hmmm. That ":default" has me curious. How will CLisp find glFlush in
anything other than gl32.dll? If we specified a module/library, would
CLisp wait until it was called before trying to resolve it?

Other?

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950