[cffi-devel] patch to uffi compat?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Sep 17 01:11:41 UTC 2005

Luis Oliveira wrote:

> On 17/set/2005, at 01:44, Kenny Tilton wrote:
>
>> I am using the cffi-uffi-compat package to see if I can quickly port
>> my opengl framework to CFFI. A simple deref-array on type :float died
>> on no element-type method for a built-in type. I added:
>>
>> (defmethod element-type ((other cffi::foreign-type))
>>  (cffi::name other))
>

> What do you mean deref-array on type :float? I thought you could only
> do deref-array on a type (:array <something>)?

You are right. What happened was that I had created my own little
deref-array for use with CFFI, but I took the opportunity to eliminate
the need to always say '(:array XXXX) and then adjusted all my code
accordingly. Forgot all that when I cut over to your deref-array with
its true UFFI compatibility.

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950