[cffi-devel] OpenAL or Bust

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 04:40:22 UTC 2005

Rayiner Hashem wrote:

> Hmm, not only is there not a definition of alcdevice-struct on my
> machine, but GCC-XML's output doesn't have a "struct" node
> corresponding to it. There is a typedef referring to it, which
> Verrazano reproduces in the Lisp binding, but it never emits a defcstruct.
>
> In any case, I just inserted:
>
> struct my_foo {};
>
> Into one of my test bindings, and it did generate:
>
> (cffi:defcstruct my-foo)
>
> CFFI on SBCL doesn't seem to have a problem with it, though. After
>
> (cffi:defcstruct my-foo2 (data my-foo))
>
> and it compiled that just fine. So my guess is that its an
> Allegro-specific (or at least, non-SBCL-specific) issue.

> In principle, CFFI should have no problem with such a declaration, ...

Yeah, it just looks like a simple bug arising from no test having been
done with no slots. My hack to start at 2 has got me to the point where
my demo runs and plays the expected WAV file. It then gets a
segmentation fault on an alSourcef call, which I will look at tomorrow.

Rayiner, did you get my note about the missing in-package form?

--
Kenny

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950