[cffi-devel] Corman Lisp and GCL ports, patches

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 04:21:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

Sat Aug  6 05:11:19 WEST 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * Broken "support" for GCL.

   - Basic pointer operations and memory access is working.
   - Calling foreign functions too, probably, untested.

Sat Aug  6 05:00:43 WEST 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * Initial support for Corman Lisp.

   - A few bugs and issues left, fails 5 tests. (the tests
     won't run automatically because Corman Lisp binds
     *load-truename* to NIL, so the code in tests/bindings.lisp
     doesn't find the C test library).

I stopped implementing CFFI-SYS for GCL because I couldn't easily test
it. GCL can't compile the rest of CFFI so this port dropped a few
places in my priority list. I hear they're improving ANSI CL support
actively so I suppose the situation will improve soon.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/