[cells-gtk-devel] simple example / beginner

Olof-Joachim Frahm Olof.Frahm at web.de
Tue Sep 9 01:59:07 UTC 2008

Hello,
using the patch to the current cffi (1.10.1) version I managed to run
cells-gtk (cvs version).
Now what I don't get, since the test-gtk example won't run, is, how this
small example:

(defmodel gtk-browser (gtk-app)
  ()
  (:default-initargs
      :title "GTK Cells Example"
    :kids (list (mk-label :text "Foo!"))))

can be modified so that it's valid.  At the moment this leads to
"New as of Cells3: parent must be supplied to make-instance LABEL ..."

Exchanging the :kids line with

(c? (list (mk-label :text "Foo!" :fm-parent self)))

works.  So my question is, what did I get wrong :) or better, how can I
specify the model without having a c? in front, since (this part of the)
UI is static and not computed by a formula.

Thanks for all anwsers,
Olof