[cells-gtk-devel] CVS Server ?

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:51:42 UTC 2008

Hi Ingo,

I have no idea what's going on there.  Your cvs command looks right.
I know that there is a delay between commits and propagation of
changes to anonymous cvs, but that is only supposed to be 15 minutes
or so.

I suggest you check again tomorrow, and if the problem persists you
contact admin at common-lisp.net

Cells-gtk3 started in cells cvs because it was an experiment of Ken
and me to get it to work.  I was afraid we won't have it ready for
prime time any time soon, so I kept it in private with the "old"
cells2 cells-gtk being the only official version.  Given that pretty
much all mail on this list is about cells-gtk3 these days it might be
time to rethink that and move cells-gtk3 to the cells-gtk repo.

There are still a few issues:
 - the text enry dialog is broken
 - objects get destroyed more than once (see gtk warnings on the console)
 - on-destroy callbacks don't work

I have a few ideas what to do in the near future:
 - create a cells-list-view based on cells-store analogous to the
cells-tree-view based on family
 - make the gl-drawing-area more user-friendly
 - do a major rewrite of the cairo-drawing-area
 - maybe: use ephemeral slots to do event handling

I cc'd Peter Denno, maybe he has some insight as to how we should proceed.

Peter