[cells-gtk-devel] cannot load "load.lisp"

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:28:50 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Subhasis Ray <ray.subhasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Though it may seem redundant/ridiculous, but for new-comers very simple
> problems pose big hurdle to getting started (I am a newbie myself). Here are
> my steps for running cells gtk ,it runs fine when "load.lisp " is loaded
> from a clean cells-gtk. But as I tried to load it a second time I face the
> problem mentioned by Lelanthran:

I am having this same problem with the same version levels and process
described.  I am wondering if it has something to do with it saying
"in library :DEFAULT" instead of listing the GTK library by path.  I
really don't know enough about FFI to debug a problem like this.
Would it help if the gtk libraries were in the same folder as clisp?
That seems to take care of wierdness with the PostgreSQL FFI stuff.

For the short term however, I have determined that deleting all the
.fas files in cells-gtk\root\gtk-ffi and then running (load "load")
will work.  That doesn't do much for me as I want to generate a new
lispinit.mem file and have cells-gtk available at startup.

Suggestions on where to start debugging this issue myself would be
very helpful.  Where do I find the FFI documentation?  What are some
common warnings when working with FFI?

Shaun Kruger

Visit my blog at http://hackerlog.blogspot.com