[cells-gtk-devel] Error on SBCL: Unable to load foreign library: libgobject-2.0

Jason Dunsmore jasondunsmore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:12:01 UTC 2006

On 8/9/06, Peter Denno <peter.denno at nist.gov> wrote:

> The relevant code is in cells-gtk/root/gtk-ffi/gtk-ffi.lisp Try evaluating the
> load-gtk-libs in there. It calls (cffi:load-foreign-library :gobject). Try
> evaluating just that.

I was able to load all the libraries by making symlinks from
<libname>.so.0 to <libname>.so.  I'm not sure what I did to make this
start working, since I tried it before and it didn't work.

Another problem I encountered was getting cffi:load-foreign-library to
recognize libcellsgtk.so.  I tried copying the prebuilt libcellsgtk.so
to /usr/lib, but I ended up having to compile it myself.  It's
confusing that cells-gtk comes with a prebuilt version.

Thanks for the help.
Jason