[cells-gtk-devel] New cells-gtk capabilities and new tarball

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Mon May 30 17:28:14 UTC 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 12:37, Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Thanks for carrying on Vasilis's work so effectively.
>
> I have started /trying/ to test under Windows. The build goes OK, tho
> under ACL 6.2 in load.lisp one cannot say ":version :wild", it has to be
> ":version :unspecific". But in ACL7 they support :wild so you may not
> want to bother.

I'll bother, but I'll wait to see what else goes wrong too. Thanks. This must
have been a problem all along, since I don't think this changed.

> I was over on 6.2 because Cells-Gtk had worked there,
> and under ACL7 I was getting an obscure error loading the GTK dlls. I
> have not touched those since playing with cgtk, so I thought maybe the
> ACL loader was doing something different. Nope, same error on ACL 6.2.
> So as usual with Windows, nothing makes sense and I am slowly installing
> the latest GTK+ 2.6.7 family of libs to see if I can get Gtk working
> itself.
>
> If that succeeds, I will then finish a little libgtkcells VC++ project
> to build a win32 dll for that and see if I can get the new stuff working.

I'd be real interested in knowing how that goes.

BTW yesterday I had some behavior in cells that I thought might be a bug (it
was 3AM so it merits another check, before I report it). I am using, (in my
work, and the cells-gtk tarball) the cells 2 tarball rather than the CVS
head. Would I be better off with the head...or something else?

--
- Best regards,
   Peter