[cells-gtk-devel] Re: Cells-gtk]

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Thu May 26 22:30:52 UTC 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 17:05, rm at seid-online.de wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:52:59PM -0400, Peter Denno wrote:
> >
> > The way we look for gtk libraries is quite flawed. It didn't even work on
> > my system after a minor OS update. Does anyone here have ideas or
> > examples of how to do this better?
>
> Hmm, i can't speak for all OSs but at least for Linux and BSD one should
> _not_ provide a path to the call to dlopen (unless one really needs to load
> a library from a nonstandard place).

Hi Ralf,

Thanks. I think you mentioned this before, but now it is starting to sink in.
It works (just loading "libglib-2.0.so" etc). So for linux/cmucl at least, we
don't need all this searching for paths to the libraries.

I'll need to check what lispworks and allegro are doing.

For each of macosx and windows we look in only one place for the libraries.

--
- Best regards,
   Peter