[cells-gtk-devel] making a text-buffer inputp

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 13 23:25:55 UTC 2005

Peter Denno wrote:

>On Friday 13 May 2005 17:41, Jonathan Heusser wrote:
>

>I think you want :text (c-in "bla") here.

Agreed. Hope it works. Even so, I am curious how Cells internals ended
up calling ADOPT-CT on the string. If possible, I would like to shield
users from that kind of error by detecting the error further upstream.
This is a general policy of mine, so any time anyone gets a nasty error
from Cell internals I would be happy to look into adding some programmer
friendliness if a detailed report (preferably the failing source) is
forwarded.

The good news is that I myself no longer find myself poking around Cells
internals to resolve application programming problems, but that might
just mean I am in part figuring things out in my head based on long
experience.
kt

--
Cells? Cello?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
Cells-Gtk?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd