[cells-devel] Cells & Clozure CL

Ramarren ramarren at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:14:27 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Kenneth Tilton<kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Neil Baylis wrote:
>> This cells.. is a good thing. Do you want to incorporate the changes I
>> made to make it work under Clozure CL?
>> I imagine there's some delcaration I need to invoke to make that not
>> happen. Any ideas?
>
> I actually see that from time to time, but rarely. There must be
> something wrong with my eval-whens internal to defmodel. You won't see
> those on subsequent iterations, so ignore them (or go crazy and debug
> defmodel).

I have been keeping a fork of Cells on github [
http://github.com/Ramarren/cells/commits/master ], although mostly to
keep cells-gtk working. I have tried to understand how cells work a
few times, but it seems to require more effort than I can put in...
anyway, I have modified it to work on CCL. Neil, you might want
compare your changes with mine and send me any I have missed, so there
will be version of cells working on CCL somewhere public. Not that
anyone will find it, perhaps I should put a pointer on Cliki, but I
would want to look like I was hijacking it or anything.

I have also rearranged defmodel to remove the warning you mentioned.
Apparently, CCL is even more touchy about order of definition than
SBCL... but while I was at it I managed to somewhat simplify defmodel
macroexpansion (and I can see how it can drive anyone who likes MOP
crazy, the entire thing seems to be hanging on symbol plists!).

I hope I haven't broken it, but cells-gtk application seems to work,
which would be unlikely with broken cells, and after all I did not
touch the internals.

Regards,
Jakub Higersberger