[cells-devel] Cells & Clozure CL

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 21:57:04 UTC 2009

Neil Baylis wrote:
> I guess I have to assume nobody is using Cells with CCL. I'm attempting
> to get it to work, but am a little out of my depth.
>
> To begin with, I had to add a couple of conditionals for ccl to get past
> initial errors.
>
> Then: ,load-system cells
>
> There is no package named "EXCL" .
>    [Condition of type CCL::NO-SUCH-PACKAGE]
>
> I don't know what EXCL is, but I'm offered a restart to treat it as a
> nickname for
> "COMMON-LISP-USER", so I choose that:

Unless you have pushed :allegro onto *features* you should not be
hitting excl: usage (those are Franz "ex"tensions to "cl"). I think any
you find can safely be zapped since they will be in debugging code only.

> Reader error on #<BASIC-FILE-CHARACTER-INPUT-STREAM
> ("/Users/neil/.asdf-install-dir/site/cells/utils-kt/..."/7 ISO-8859-1)
> #x8D1F7CE>, near position 921, within "    (mop::class-prot":
> Reference to unknown package "MOP".
>    [Condition of type CCL::SIMPLE-READER-ERROR]
>
> <The above error is referring to line 36 of detritus.lisp>

Hunh, surprised that MOP:: is there unfeatured. I am sure CCL has
class-prototype somewhere, but ISTR it either is in the CL package so
you can just delete the MOP:: or it is in... well, I'll let you find
out: (apropos "CLASS-PROTOTYPE")

kt