[cells-devel] tcl event loop

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:14:52 UTC 2009

Andy Chambers wrote:
> On 2/16/09, Andy Chambers <achambers.home at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>  "Long story. Tcl C API weak for keypress events. This gets dispatched
>>  eventually thanks to DEFCOMMAND"
>>
>>  Do you remember what this was all about?  My first thought was that
>>  perhaps tk only generated keypress events instead of splitting them
>>  into keyup/keydown but the docs on the bind command seem to suggest
>>  you can catch them seperately.
>
> Scrap that.  I've just found another comment in the source that explains it
> more fully.  Sorry for the noise.

Not at all, and I would appreciate it if you would keep this quiet, I do
not want to get a reputation for documenting anything.

I had to go track it down myself -- ah, yes, keysyms vs. keypresses.

You know I am doing cells-qx, yes? I saw something that says Safari will
let you drag and drop a web page into a desktop application? How sick is
that? I think OpenAIR just got a tad easier.

kt