[cells-devel] How to force minimum delay between events in Cells?

Mikko Ahonen mikko.ahonen at grupposoftware.com
Sun Feb 15 17:12:36 UTC 2009

Hello,

My first cells application was in production last week. I used LispWorks,
CAPI and Cells to create an application which was used to verify names for
people who are coming into an exhibition opening in the biggest museum in
Finland. It was an touch screen application, and contained on-screen
keyboard etc. It only took few days to complete and test the program.
Everything worked perfectly!

I had to cut few corners from the original specification, however. The
keyboard was implemented using mouse button push and release events, which
displayed the proper images representing the state of the buttons (button
disabled, up or down). What I wanted was to force minimum delay after button
down event before button up, so the key flashes just slightly longer. Any
ideas what would be the best way to accomplish this?

Best regards,

Mikko Ahonen