[cells-devel] Need help getting Mac version of my Algebra software

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Fri Aug 15 22:09:15 UTC 2008

Bill Clementson has kindly volunteered to take a look at making a build
of my Algebra program for Mac OS X. I have already dragged the code over
and it Just Compiles (doesn't hurt that we are using ACL on both OSes).
Yeah.

So with luck we just need shared libs and fine-tuning of any CFFI calls
referencing same.

Right now I am stuck, btw, can't find a way around actually running the
GraphicsMagick installer -- I'd rather just do what I do in the Windows
version: just throw all the libs into the application directory. Not
sure if the Mac works that way.

I am tempted to just beg borrow steal the libs in binary form -- bad
idea? I imagine Tcl/Tk/Togl can be installed from ActiveState and then
move their libs into the app directory (if that bit is even the same)...
well, any ideas/thoughts/advice on this issue are welcome.

cheers, kenny

ps. Heard from my first interested customer, a school in Missouri. They
need a Mac version. I knew I was going to do one, but I am reminded
again at how much more interesting Mac users are. (Saw this last time I
sold the app.) k