[cells-devel] Patch for "cells-tree-view" (the result of the family-observer discussion)

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 19:33:34 UTC 2007

I wrote a patch to add editable cells to the tree-view widgets.  It adds
editing to the existing treebox/listbox, and moreover it provides the new
cells-tree-view, which keeps a tree-view in sync with a cells family
tree.  Thanks go to Kenny Tilton for his suggestions.

Since my previous patch (adding threading to cells-gtk) is still pending
(Peter?), I created threee flavors:

(1) cummulative: cgtk-all-071220.patch adds both the cells-tree-view and
threading to a current CVS checkout.
http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/cgtk-all-071220.patch

(2) differential: cgtk-tree-view-from-threading-071220.patch adds the
cells-tree-view to a cells-gtk already patched with my threading
functionality.
http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/cgtk-tree-view-from-threading-071220.patch

(3) stand alone: cgtk-tree-view-only-071220.patch adds the cells-tree-view
only to a current CVS checkout, in case you don’t want threading.
http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/cgtk-tree-view-only-071220.patch

The patch adds a new tab Cells-Tree-View to the Tree-view page in
cells-gtk, which demonstrates the functionality.  The code is in
test-gtk/test-tree-view.lisp

Details about the implementation and application can be found here:
http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/2007/12/20/a-cells-tree-view-for-cells-gtk/

I have done a fair amount of testing, but bug reports are very welcome.

Peter