[cells-devel] [Fwd: Re: Preparing the announcement for the European Common Lisp Meeting 2008, Amsterdam]

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Thu Dec 20 13:30:40 UTC 2007

[sprinkled down thru this email is news about a new module in the Cells
repository, one playing with Cells-y ideas and RDF, for now using
Franz's AG but in a way portable to any RDF DB.-kt]

Edi Weitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for agreeing to give a talk at the European Common Lisp Meeting
> 2008 in Amsterdam on April 20.  As we now have everything in place
> (speakers, dates, rooms, etc.), we'd like to make an official
> announcement soon, preferably before Christmas.  Could you therefore
> please tell us how you'd like your talk to be advertised?  We need
>
>   1. The title of the talk

Kenny Into the Yobbos' Den, or, "Why We Should Not Be Here and What
Should Be Doing Instead", a rant on the state of Lisp and Lispniks
touching on Algebra software, lisp libraries, open source, Cello, Cells,
and somewhere along the way introducing Triple-Cells, Animated Data
Modelling With Persistence for Free.

If that's too long you can just use (member 'introducing...) on that. :)

>   2. Your name how it should appear in the announcement and on the
>      ECLM website

Kenny Tilton

>   3. City and country where you live or work

Wall, New Jersey, USA

>   4. Optionally an organization you're affiliated with and that you're
>      representing as a speaker

NIL

>   5. Optionally a URL we can link to which should be related to the
>      topic of your talk

Source of AG-based prototype, with not much work until Algebra software
ships:

     http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/triple-cells/?root=cells

RDF in general: http://www.w3.org/RDF/

Possible platform for portable/open triple-cells:

     http://librdf.org/

kt