[cells-devel] allegrocache

rkm1000 rkm1000 at bmrc.duhs.duke.edu
Thu Dec 13 20:03:58 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I decided to take a shot at cells and allegrocache. I started by
adding (:metaclass db.ac:persistent-class) to model-object. Committing
changes revealed that allegocache doesn't know how to encode
cells::cells or cells::c-dependent. I expected that would be the case.

Allegrocache will encode structures when provided a method encode-
object, but I've run into a couple of problems. Encoding the caller-
store member of a cells struct leads to a stack overflow. I imagine
allegrocache handles circular references when dealing with collections
of CLOS objects, but it doesn't appear to do so with encode-object and
structs. At least that is what I'm thinking is the problem for now...

The other problem is with the rule member of c-ruled. Is serializing a
function even possible?

I have suspicions about solutions to both of these, but before I
bloody my forehead I thought I would ask if anyone has attempted to
use  allegrocache with cells and what their experiences have been.

Thanks for any input,
Ken McKee