[cells-devel] assertion failure in c-pulse-update (CVS latest)

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:12:46 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Re the latter, i admit Cells are a little un-Lispy in that I have not
> worked much on restarts. But the function cells-reset is meant to truly
> reset the cells mechanism, so as you surmised I am surprised you got away
> with it at all.

I take it back. Assuming you did not backtrace and cause the global *stop*
to get set, re-running cells-reset and moving the DP back to zero would
(absent the new assertion, of course) merely cause some cells to re-run
their rules unnecessarily one time (and then recompute the same value
anyway). No big deal at all.

kt