[cells-devel] Celtk2 installation

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sat May 27 00:44:14 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, John Landahl <john at landahl.org> wrote:

> So I'd like to try out the new! improved! Celtk2 under Linux/SBCL, but
> I'm having some installation problems.  First I found that I had a
> really old version of CFFI (thanks, Ubuntu!).  After installing the
> latest CFFI tarball, I still get the following error:
>
> * (require :celtk)

> into
> ; #<PACKAGE "ASDF0">
> ; registering #<SYSTEM CFFI {A9D14D1}> as CFFI
> /usr/local/lib/sbcl/site-systems/cells.asd
> ; into #<PACKAGE "ASDF0">
> ; registering #<SYSTEM :CELLS {AD05B69}> as CELLS
>
> debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread
> #<THREAD "initial thread" {B29D0D1}>:
>   When attempting to read the slot's value (slot-value), the slot
>   CFFI::TO-C-DYNAMIC-EXPANDER is missing from the object
>   #<CFFI::FOREIGN-BUILT-IN-TYPE :UNSIGNED-LONG>.

I am going with the guess  that your CFFI install is still not straight. The
string "to-c-dynamic-expander" does not appear in my CFFI source tree, but
it does appear in an old directory helpfully named cffi-pre-2006-04. This
would be consistent with you having a mix of code now, in which some of it
is old and still looking for that slot, while some of it is new and no
longer has that slot. Of course I do see "to-c" stuff in the new tree
because CFFI has a lot of built-in abilities that way, but I have to think
they refactored recently.

hth, kenny