[cells-devel] Celtk: Button as kid of a canvas ...

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:58:59 UTC 2006

Frank Goenninger wrote:

> Hm - I think it's actually a problem of Celtk - it (oh, I shouldn't
> use "it" - it's not Lispy enough ;-) not being complete in terms of
> providing a Window as a container for arbitrary objects in a canvas.

I saw that capability (widget in canvas) mentioned, just never had
occasion to use it so it never got Celtk-ized. And at this point you may
really have to fork Celtk to take it forward in re use of Tk widgets
since I am concentrating on Cello for widgets. Maybe pick a new name and
start a c-l.net project?

> ACL 8.0 - on Mac. Sh*t - this is a case where Slime really sucks. And
> Franz, too: I've been asking for the full IDE on OS X for years now!

<g> Given the number of Powerbooks I see at Lisp conferences, they might
be missing an opportunity. But, hey, stop whining, how hard would it be
to whip up a find-definitions dialog using Celtk? I once did a killer
inspector using Cello. Do the classic incremental thing, just get ACL to
pop up a list of definitions using as much standard mop as possible.
Costanza has done some work on a portable MOP, maybe contrib to that as
you go (since moppery will be needed to replicate the ACL IDE).

Needless to say, a Slime-killer is something I would love to do just to
piss off the Yobbos, and if I end up switching to LW for enough work it
might just happen. Not yet, tho.

kt

kt