[cells-devel] Celtk: Error "Slot CTK::PACKING is missing from ..."

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:00:01 UTC 2006

Frank Goenninger wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Another Celtk challenge for me:
>
> The slot CTK::PACKING is missing from the object
> SENDREQUEST-PUBLISH-RB-GROUP of class
> #<STANDARD-CLASS CTK::MENU-RADIO-GROUP> during operation SLOT-VALUE
>    [Condition of type PROGRAM-ERROR]
>
> is resulting from this piece of code:
>
> (mk-row ()
>   (mk-stack ()
>      (mk-menu-radio-group

Oops. If you look at all the examples of menu-radio-group and/or
meditate on the prefix "menu-", you will see that that bad boy belongs
only in menus (where packing does not apply).

Were you just trying to make an always-visible radio group? Was there an
example in lotsa-widgets? A quick scan of the hierarchy suggests you
just want a subclass of frame-selector, either frame-stack or frame-row.
Either one will give radio buttons a parent selector that will
effectively manage them. If I am lucky. :) If not I'll dig deeper.

ken