[cells-devel] Re: Cells: How to later set a formula for a cell ?

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:10:54 UTC 2006

Goenninger, Frank wrote:

> Hi Kenny,
>
> currently heavily playing wit Celtk...
>
> I have up to now only set a cell's formula by using directly (c? ...)
> with default-initargs. Now I am stopped cold by the fact that I have
> to be able to set the formula by some setf form. How to do that in a
> conforming way ?

Download KR from the Garnet system, they have a million backdoors like
that. :)

What's the big picture on this? Maybe there is a way to do it without an
alley-oop.

If you sell me on the need, and you can at least start the slot as
c-input, I imagine there is some way to do this.

If you do not sell me on the need, I will still give you some pointers*
on how to mess up the beauty of Cells yourself.:) But I think you will
still need to start with a c-input, or you will lose the dependencies
(Cells does not record dependencies on slots not mediated by Cells.)

ken (going out for groceries soon)

* Look at c-install, md-awaken, c-awaken-cell, and their neighbors.