[cells-devel] fm-descendant-named

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Mar 5 21:34:19 UTC 2005

Peter Denno wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering why fm-descendant-named isn't exported.

I forget why I even created that. Perhaps I meant to have an exported
macro which expanded into that? I do not use that function anywhere.

> Is there something
>else I should be using for that purpose?

well, fm-other /by default/ searches down the tree to descendants first.
I think I had a problem once where there was a widget of that name
higher in the tree and it was not the one I wanted, so I created an api
entry for an fm-find call with :global-search nil. then maybe I found a
better way and avoided the whole problem and never used the entry point.

I could export that if you like. Or just use fm-other and count on the
widget being there to get the same effect, if that is the case.

kt