[cells-devel] Fwd: [Openmcl-devel] The Miracle of opengl-ffi.lisp Astounds Newby!

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 12 00:41:22 UTC 2004

Kenneth Tilton writes:
 > Just in case there are any OS X heavyweights out there who grok the
 > Cocoa thing, Frank and I are engaged in a pitched battle with Apple
 > Glut, OpenMCL, Emacs, Aqua, Cocoa, and I am probably leaving someone
 > out. :)

As far as I can tell from this message, you're really just having an
issue with OpenMCL not being its own app from the window-manager's
point of view.  The classic way to do this would be to call
Initialize() (from Carbon.h), but also see functions like
SetMenuBarFromNib, for a more modern approach.  I don't have a ton of
time, preparing for a new job, the ensuing move, assisting in the
hotel strike here, and on and on, but feel free to cc me in your
machinations, I'm not an OS X expert, but I might be able to help.

Busy as usual,
Thomas