[cells-devel] Cello/OS X Rizing...

Kenneth Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 9 20:18:12 UTC 2004

Frank and I have gone to direct comms so as not to spam y'all, but
Frank is making steady progress on the port. He has OpenMCL kicking off
Glut/Opengl apps successfully, and FTGL font handling is in the bag.
Next step is cl-magick for graphics files and cl-openal for audio
files. We also need to make Apple's Glut play as well with Lisp as does
Freeglut in re iterative development.

Note that Frank and I are exchanging source directly, but soon will be
using CVS so others can play along. Then comes a sweep back thru win32
and Frank's Linux port and, boom!, CL has a portable,
functional-reactive* GUI with 3d graphics and 3d sound.

kenny

* The latest Cells prior art I have learned of, and the one that seems
closest to Cells. Plus I never liked the word "constraints". :) kt