[cells-devel] PortaCello 1.0: MagickFlipImage and others not available on Linux...

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 00:06:35 UTC 2004

Frank Goenninger wrote:

>Hi all:
>
>Hmmmmm - this is a strange one again:
>
>I cannot find a source for ImageMagick (the library) where the functions
>MagickFlipImage, MagickGetImageWidth, and MagickGetImageHeight (and
>possibly more) functions are implemented.
>
>In the sources I have of ImageMagick (version 5.5.7) there are no such
>functions. I am using the C shared library of ImageMagick. There is also
>a C++ shared lib... Anyone using that?

OK, I forgot about that. Things are really afoot with the higher-level
MagickWand API. Lots of rapid expansion in 5.5.8, including those
functions and breaking the wand stuff out into a separate MagickWand
library.

So you seriously need 5.5.8 or higher. I just looked and all I see now
is 5.5.7 and 6.0.0. I learned all the above asking on the magick mailing
list, and possibly someone directed me to an unpublished location for
the 558 dlls. Or maybe in the past month they realized the changes were
so substantial they deserved a jump to the 6... series.

So you are close! (Boy was that a weird problem on the .SO not loading!
Hey, if I say "(load FTGL.so.just.do.it)", load it!!!!! :)

kenny