[cells-devel] PortaCello 1.0

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 17:14:40 UTC 2004

Edi Weitz wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:56:45 -0500, Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>I think the last time I looked at doing the CLisp port myself I
>>concluded there was too much trouble for too little benefit (I do
>>not use CLisp)
>>

>Same here. I just wanted to note that callbacks in CLISP are possible,
>at least in theory.

Yes, and thx a ton for that. I was unaware. And if at some point I get
all fired up about having Cello ubiquitous (well, as far as the CLisp
FFI reaches), it is nice to know I have this option. Oy, I just noticed
(I think this is right): one also has to re-link CLisp with a static
library of the package itself (such as FTGL) and not just the glue. ie,
CLisp does not load dynamic libraries.

Well, the good news would be that this would be a one-time deal: rebuild
CLisp with GL, GLU, Freeglut, ImageMagick, and FTGL and yer done.

kt

--
http://tilton-technology.com