[cells-devel] I'm Back

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Apr 24 18:32:36 UTC 2004

On the Cello side, the 1000-GF dispatch bottleneck is gone, and that
does seem to have improved things by 20% or so. But I still get 10fps.
This I presume is the step-function effect: I will not see a change in
fps until I get fast enough to reach the next step in improvement, like
20fps.

My next effort will be to implement display lists just at the widget
level, so the containers (stacks and rows) will still go through their
logic on each frame, but when it is time to draw a slider track or
slider thumb (possibly even the combo) those will be done by
display-lists. Stay tuned.

kt

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com