[cdr-discuss] CDR follow ups...

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sat May 19 17:05:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

I checked the existing threads on this topic (not sure if I was exhaustive).

There are two elements being proposed: (a) having something like :cdr-nnn in *features*, and (b) having a standard package naming mechanism. One suggestion actually was to have :cdr-nnn also as a package name.

It seems to me that :cdr-nnn for *features* is straightforward and no objections were ever raised, as far as I can tell. :cdr-nnn as package name seems more dubious to me, but that's just my personal opinion.

There is indeed no way to figure out which CDR is an update to which other CDR. My opinion is that this should be kept like this. There could be situations where different people have different views on whether a particular CDR is an improvement on a previous one or not, and there shouldn't be a mechanism in place that can be abused in any way for political reasons. Just my 0.02€. ;)

Pascal