[cdr-discuss] Three RFCs

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Mar 18 15:17:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:34:40 +0100 (CET), "Leslie P. Polzer" <leslie.polzer at gmx.net> wrote:

> Is a conforming implementation required to signal an error when an
> argument not defined by the standard occurs in the lambda list of a
> function?

I'm not a language lawyer, but I'd be /very/ surprised if it where in
the spirit of the ANSI spec that you could "extend" functions at your
whim.  As a data point, look at the dictionary entry for DIRECTORY
which specifically allows implementations to add keyword parameters to
the function.  Why would that passage be in there?