[cdr-discuss] What about CDR 3, then?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Tue Dec 5 14:58:46 UTC 2006

Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> writes:

> As an open ended question: how does this CDR relate to Marco
> Antoniotti's CL-Enumerations and my CL-Containers? From an
> implementation point of view, it sounds like you would need to make
> the various CL functions into generic functions and/or write a lot of
> code that dispatches on type within the CL functions.

I'm not Christophe, but as far as I can see CDR 3 says nothing about
extensible sequences per se, but rather treats a few spec bugs that
effectively prevent implementation of any sort of sequences that are
not (OR VECTOR LIST).

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."