[cdr-devel] Mailing lists, document licences

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Nov 10 12:44:20 UTC 2006

First of all, congratulations on CDR getting some traction!

Secondly, what's the charter of the cdr-devel list? Is it only for
"talking about the CDR process", or are existing CDRs a proper topic
too?

If not, I propose a separate list cdr-talk, for which existing CDRs
are on topic, and where the subject line should carry a [CDR N] header
to indicate which CDR is addressed. (Leaving the cdr-devel for
meta-discussions on the process and whatnot.)

Also, can we get the lists (including the archives) on Gmane,
please? The subscription form is here:

  http://gmane.org/subscribe.php

Finally, have you considered providing a liberal boilerplate licence
(eg. CC attribution only, or 1-clause MIT) that CDR authors could use
should they want to? I am cogitant of the fact that such a licence may
not be appropriate for all CDRs, but for those for which it is, it
would be nice to have a single default choise to cut down on possible
future ambiguiety.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."