Hey Boston Lisp

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri May 1 02:36:44 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 12:33 PM Martin Cracauer <cracauer at cons.org> wrote:

> I'm a Philadelphia Lisper now, but at least I get to work in Lisp, and
> often even on FreeBSD.
>
> Getting lame in the head from the lockdown, though.  Anybody wants to
> hack up POIU together?

I only just saw this reference to both POIU and FreeBSD. Incidentally,
I just pushed a patch for POIU to autodetect the number of CPUs on
FreeBSD (I found the recipe I had for Darwin actually works on all
*BSDs). I did that after porting POIU's parallelization core to Gerbil
Scheme, halving its build time on my quad-core laptop.

I'm available to answer any questions you have about POIU, although
what I have to say was summarized in the README. Someone needs to
teach POIU and ASDF 3.3's new phase support, and that someone is not
me—unless there's money involved.

—♯ƒ • François-René Rideau • Co-Founder and CEO, MuKn.io
Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough
to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others. — Edward Abbey