[boston-lisp] 2012-05-17: Boston Lisp Meeting with Xach!

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 22:41:24 UTC 2012

The Boston Lisp Meetings are BACK!

On Thursday, May 17th 2012, Zach Beane will come present us Quicklisp.
We'll meet at 17:30 at MIT 32-D463, the Star room at the Stata Center,
courtesy of Professor Gerry Sussman.

Two slots are available for lightning talkers, though I will gladly
take one of them if there aren't enough candidates.

I'll send an official announcement when I have a bit more information.

I don't know if this will be possible at this particular venue, but if
you're planning to come, what do you think of a plan whereby we order
a lot of pizza to eat on the spot, available for who pays a fee of say
$10? Another plan is for those who are interested to invade Mary Chung
after the meeting.

Also, I'm looking for someone interested in recording the event and
taking responsibility for actually posting each of the talks on one of
the usual sites. Any taker?

Finally, I'm always looking for speakers. Are you interested in
speaking? Do you know anyone who is interested or interesting?

PS: Sorry, no conference and meeting for April.
I didn't try hard enough early enough for it to happen.
However, if enough of you are interested,
we can meet, say on April 19th, and have a dinner at Mary Chung or the CBC.
Respond on the list if that tempts you.
Of course, a co-organizer would be great for times I'm failing...
any volunteer?

To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same
as to be right in doing it.     — G.K. Chesterton